I easily forget my favourite recipes. Instead of trying to remember them, I add them here instead!
- ½ lb (about 2,2 kg) beef
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 ½ cups water (840ml) or see the package for the amount of water
- 1 box curry sauce mix
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp worchester sauce
- 1 tbsp mashed apple
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp curry powder
- Cut vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil and brown meat in a pot, then take meat out.
- In the same pot, fry onions for 8 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes, then cooked meat.
- Add water to the pot. After it boils, skim fat, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes until the meat becomes tender.
- Remove from heat and add curry sauce mix. Stir well so the pieces of the mix dissolve.
- If you'd like to use the optional seasonings above, now add the ketchup, worcester sauce, apricot jam, and soy sauce. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes (cook longer if you'd like it thicker).
- If you'd like to add the optional curry powder, stir it in just before serving.
- Pour the curry over rice.
- 2 cups (about 300gr) chopped kimchi
- ½ pound (about 0,23kg) pork shoulder (or pork belly), cut into bite sized piecies
- 2 tbsp hot pepper paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 cups (about 1,2l) water
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped
- 1 package of tofu (396gr), cut into bite sized cubes
- Combine the kimchi, hot pepper paste, kimchi juice, pork, and sugar in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add water and bring to a boil over hight heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add tofu and lower the heat to medium low. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add green onion and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with rice and a few more side dishes if desired.
Pasta Carbonara (Classic)
- Cured pork cheek, bacon or pancetta
- Pecorino Romano
- Optional garlic
- Cook the pasta with a bit of salt for about 8 minutes
- Put the pork in a heating pan (put it in when the pan is still cold and add the optional garlic)
- Add the pepper
- Crack the egg in a bowl and add about 20g of pecorino and mix
- Take out the optional garlic
- Add the pasta to the pan and don’t be scared to add some of the water
- Add the egg mixture and some more pasta water if necessary
- Cook until desired
- Plate with extra pepper and cheese
- Hamburger meat (beef or half/half)
- 1tbs Worchester sauce
- 1tbs Ketchup
- 1tbs Mustard
- Optional: Onions, garlic and onion powder
- Mix the meat with the seasonings
- Cook until desired temperature
- Toban Djan (Spicy bean paste)
- Sichuan peppecorns (or other dried chilli if you're lazy like me)
- Minced pork
- Sesame oil
- Tofu (soft, not silken)